Join our Volunteers
Our volunteers are an important part of what makes the Adelaide Cemeteries Authority experience unique and memorable. For years, volunteers have served as hosts, tour guides, research assistants and even photographers.
- Tour guides host our award-winning West Terrace Cemetery tours, answering questions, researching and working with actors and artists.
- Education and special interest group hosts welcome, assist and inform school groups and other groups visiting the cemetery.
- Our volunteer research assistants research and write material pertaining to the cemetery as well as adding to and maintaining our central information database.
- Exhibition and event attendants assist at special Authority events such as Mother’s Day and Remembrance Day as well as Death over Dinner and Life over Lunch.
- Our volunteer photographers document headstones in West Terrace Cemetery as well as maintaining a central database.
Volunteering can be done on both a short-term and long term basis. Should you wish to learn more about volunteering with the Adelaide Cemeteries Authority, Contact Us and we will be in touch to discuss the skills you have to offer and any opportunities available.