What’s your favourite funeral song?
Monday, 13 February 2017
Music is a key that unlocks our memories and releases emotions that explode from our hearts.
In modern funerals, music plays a pivotal part in setting the tone and mood, as well as enhancing the memories we shared of the loved one we have lost. Whether it makes you cry, smirk or laugh, there are few who can say that music doesn’t move them.
Here at Adelaide Cemeteries Authority we searched our records and compiled a list of the Top Ten most popular pieces of music played at the funerals held at our venues over the last year:
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow (Judy Garland)
- Angels (Robbie Williams)
- Wind Beneath My Wings (Bette Midler)
- Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life (Monty Python)
- My Way (Frank Sinatra)
- What a Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong)
- You’ll Never Walk Alone (Gerry and the Pacemakers)
- Football Club team songs (various)
- Psalm 23/Ave Maria
- Amazing Grace (various artists and often played on bagpipes)
Tell us your favourite funeral song on our Facebook page - Click here.
Channel 7 News reporter, Ron Kandelaars unpacked the results on the clip below: